EB-1A Green Card
For applicants with extraordinary ability
The green card for those with extraordinary ability.
The EB-1A Green Card is the best option for applicants who can prove extraordinary ability in their fields. The requirements for this category are very similar to the O-1 category but are a bit more stringent. Please take a look at our overview and visa guide and feel free to contact us if you need more info.
- Have you received any lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor?
- Are you a member of associations that require outstanding achievements of their members as judged by recognized national or international experts?
- Is there published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about you which relates to your work in the field?
- Have you participated on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the same or in an allied field of specialization?
- Have you made original scientific, scholarly, or business contributions that are of major significance?
- Have you authored scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media?
- Has your work been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases?
- Have you played a leading or critical role for an organization with a distinguished reputation?
- Have you or will you command a high salary or other remuneration for your services in comparison to others in your field?
- Have you enjoyed commercial successes in the performing arts?
For more detailed information please see our EB-1A visa guide here.
Compared to other employment-based green cards, the EB-1A is incredibly fast and does not require the applicant to go through the lengthy PERM process.
- Streamlined Processing: The EB-1A green card does not require going through the PERM process
- Does not require sponsorship: While the applicant must prove future work in the field, an employer-sponsor is not required
- High Standard: The USCIS requires significant evidence to satisfy the criteria.