IF YOU HAVE ACHIEVED SIGNIFICANT SUCCESS AND RECOGNITION IN YOUR FIELD, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN O-1 VISA.
Path Law Group has a decade of experience securing O-1 visas for artists, creatives and those in the motion picture industry. If you are an accomplished individual in your field,contact us for a free consultation to discuss your eligibility for an O-1 visa. We will review your work and walk you through the requirements of the visa and together we can decide if the O-1 is the right option for you.
Please review the information below for details on the O-1 visa. You can also browse our case studies for samples of work we’ve done for past clients here.
WHAT IS IT?
The O-1 is a work visa granted to individuals that can demonstrate extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry.
If you qualify, the O-1 visa will allow you to work in the United States in your field of extraordinary ability for an initial period of up to three years as determined by the job, contracts, projects or events that require your services. You can renew and extend the visa as long as you can demonstrate that your talents are needed in the United States.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
Extraordinary ability in the arts requires distinction. The USCIS explains:
Extraordinary achievement in the motion picture industry requires the following:
Whether you are in the “arts” or in the motion picture industry, you can qualify for the O-1 visa in one of two ways:
(1) Nomination or receipt of a significant national or international award, such as an Academy Award or Grammy; or
(2) Fulfillment of a minimum of three (3) of the following criteria:
- Performance in a lead or starring role in productions which have a distinguished reputation, evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publications, contracts, testimonials or endorsements;
- Receipt of national or international recognition for achievements, evidenced by critical reviews or other published materials about you in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, news sites, or other publications.
- Performance in a lead, starring, or critical role for companies and establishments that have a distinguished reputation, evidenced by articles in newspapers, trade journals, publications, news sites or testimonials.
- Record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes, evidenced by such indicators as title, rating or standing in the field, box office receipts, motion picture or television ratings and other occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers or other publications.
- Significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies or other recognized experts in the field in which you are engaged.
- Receipt of a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in your field, as shown by contracts or other reliable evidence.
There are several approaches to gathering evidence for each of the criteria above. After our first strategic consultation we will provide you with a detailed checklist of evidence.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS THE VISA?
Processing varies based on the amount of time the client needs to gather all documents and the current processing times at the USCIS or the Consular post where the visa will be processed. Once we have received all of the evidence we will process your application in 2-3 weeks.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Our legal fees vary based on the complexity of your case, however if we accept your case 50% of the total fee is due only if your case is approved. Payment plans are available.
If you are interested in learning more please contact us below for a free consultation. We look forward to partnering with you.