Researchers and Scientists


O-1 Visa


If your work has been published in major trade journals, made original scientific contributions, received awards and recognition from peers and experts and your work has been cited by others in your field, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your eligibility for an O-1 visa. We will review your work and walk you through the requirements of the visa and together we can decide if this is the right visa for you.

The O-1 is a work visa is granted to individuals who can demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, education or business. Extraordinary ability means a level of expertise indicating that you are one of the small percentage who has risen to the very top of the field of endeavor. This can be proven in one of two ways: (1) nomination or receipt of a significant national or international award, such as a Nobel Prize; or (2) fulfillment of a minimum of three of the following criteria:

  • Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor;
  • Membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought which require outstanding achievements, as judged by recognized national or international experts in the field;
  • Published material in professional or major trade publications, newspapers or other major media about the beneficiary and the beneficiary’s work in the field for which classification is sought;
  • Original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;
  • Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media in the field for which classification is sought;
  • A high salary or other remuneration for services as evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence;
  • Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or in a field of specialization allied to that field for which classification is sought;
  • Employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation.

If you qualify, the O-1 visa will allow you to work in the United States in your field for an initial period of up to three years as determined by the projects and jobs that you are needed for. You can renew and extend the visa as long as we can continue to demonstrate that your talents are required in the United States. You must have a sponsoring employer or agent for your petition.

J-1 Visa

The J-1 visa is for foreign nationals coming to the United States to pursue a temporary educational objective, such as fellowship training, teaching and conducting research. There are two categories of J-1 visa: (1) intern; and (2) trainee. The requirements and limitations differ for each category.  

EB-1 Permanent Residency