FOR FASHION MODELS
IF YOU HAVE ACHIEVED SIGNIFICANT SUCCESS AND RECOGNITION AS A MODEL, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN O-1 “EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY” VISA.
If you are a fashion model that has worked on a major campaign, with several well-known brands and have achieved significant recognition for your work, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your eligibility for an O-1 visa. We will review your work and walk you through the requirements of the visa and together we can decide if this is the right visa for you.
The O-1 is a work visa is granted to models that can demonstrate extraordinary ability. Extraordinary ability for models requires that you be one of the small percentage who has risen to the very top of your industry – nationally or internationally. This can be proven by fulfillment of a minimum of three (3) of the following criteria:
- Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence as a model;
- Membership in organizations that require outstanding achievements;
- Published material in major magazines, trade journals, online sites, and other major media about you and your work;
- Testimonials and reviews by peers and experts in your field;
- A high salary or other compensation for services in comparison to other models in a similar role;
- Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of other models or individuals in the fashion industry;
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and brands that have a distinguished reputation;
If you qualify, the O-1 visa will allow you to work in the United States for an initial period of up to three years as determined by the shows, campaigns, events and jobs that you are needed for. You can renew and extend the visa as long as we can continue to demonstrate that your talents are needed in the United States. You must be sponsored by an agent or an employer.
Dependents are also eligible to receive a visa through your O-1.
EB -1 Permanent Residency
If you meet the requirements of the O-1, you may be eligible for an EB-11 green card based on your extraordinary ability. The standard for an EB-11 is much higher than for an O-1, as you must demonstrate sustained national or international acclaim and recognition for achievements and that you have risen to the top of your field. If you are able to meet this high standard, you are permitted to self-petition for a green card without an agent or employer.
H – 1B Visa
If you are a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability coming to the United States to work in a position that requires a fashion model of prominence, you may be eligible for the H-1B visa. This visa has a lower standard than the O-1, and is thus more common for models to use. However, unlike the O-1, there is an annual quota on H-1B visas issued each year. Contact us to discuss which option would be best for you.
If you qualify, the H-1B is granted for an initial period of up to three years. You can extend and renew for a maximum of six years. You must be sponsored by an agent or an employer.
Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case further.