EB-5 Visa Immigrant Investor Program
WHAT IS IT?
The EB-5 program allows foreign investors and their families a path to U.S. permanent residency through investment in the U.S. economy. There are two types of investments that qualify under the EB-5 program:
1. Direct Investment: allows an investor to invest funds directly into a U.S. business with the requirement of creating at least 10 direct full-time jobs.
2. Pilot Program/Regional Center Investment: allows an investor to invest funds into a U.S. business via an accredited regional center. The main benefit of this type of investment is that the investor can use 10 full-time indirect jobs to satisfy the 10 job requirement. The vast majority of EB-5 petitions are done through regional centers.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible for an EB-5 if you can answer yes to the following questions:
1. You are able to invest at least $500,000 USD into a regional center or direct investment project;
2. Your investment will create at least 10 full-time U.S. jobs;
3. You can prove that your investment was earned through lawful means (gift, business income, sale of property, inheritance, etc.).
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS THE VISA?
Based on current processing times, you will receive your temporary green card within 10-14 months after application if you a non-Chinese citizen. For Chinese citizens you can expect The EB-5 processing timeline is as follows:
Step 1- Gather source of funds documentations: 3-6 weeks, depending on complexity
Step 2- File I-526 petition with USCIS – Allow 10-14 months for approval for non-Chinese citizens
Step 3- Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing for Temporary Green Card – 3-5 months
Step 4- File I-826 within 90 days of 2 year anniversary of I-526 approval – 12-14 months.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Our legal fees for the EB-5 range between $10,000-$13,000 for the I-526 phase and $2000-$6000 for the I-826
Government filing fees are the following:
- I-526 Filing Fee: $1,500
- Adjustment of Status/Consular Processing: varies
- I-829 Filing Fee: $3,750 + $85 biometrics fee
In order to determine your eligibility please answer the questions below and one of our attorneys will contact you at your desired time.
in more detail…
Contact us to discuss your immigration needs. We look forward to partnering with you.